Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking of buying a few because i heard they dont need a male and a female to reproduce. Thinking of using small ones as fish food.

·
Registered
310 Posts
they are kinda expensive to be using as food. if you want crayfish food go to a fishing/hunting store. they sell crayfish as bait there 4.00 for 12 crays here and you can pick the sizes.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Does anyone know which semi aggro fish's main meal is shrimps/crayfish?
Astronatus ocellatus, aka, "Oscar". :) (Although, I fed mine mostly comets and only rarely crayfish. ) What fish do you have?

-Dave

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I currently have Peacock Eel (Mastacemeelus Erythrotaenia) and Tiretrack Eel (Mastacembelus Armatus) in the tank that im thinking of adding an adult marble crayfish. There are a few comets in there too, I bought them small to feed the eels, for some reason those never got touched so they grew large.

Does marble crayfish kill plants? i know it damage the leaves but not sure if it can completely kill off the plant.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I've never heard of one, so I don't know. When I fed crayfish to the Oscars, I didn't have any plants (this was a decade ago) , so I didn't get to see how they treat plants.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts