Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Sorry you were not satisfied with your order.
We do appreciate everybody's business, and I think 99.9% of most folks can agree to this. Sorry we did not include free items with your order.
If you would like us to send you pH reagent free of shipping charges and free product we will be happy to do so. If that's what would make you happy.

In regards to your question above.
2-3 drops of Ph reagent is all it takes to get the 4dkh to turn blue.
Place in your tank opposite side from diffuser and your set.

Best Regards, Orlando

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Your ph test kit is bromo Blue, so it will work. About 2 drops will suffice.

Most folks will tell you you can go 2-4 weeks between changes. If you have high light you may find yourself changing more often.
There is no real time set in stone when to change the reagent. I have a tank that's been up with the same fluid for 6 weeks and still working fine.
Other tanks need more frequent changes.

Regards, Orlando

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Yes, that's the water for the DC. The bottle is enough to last about 2 months. You just add 2-3 drops of pH reagent to make a strong blue color.

The larger bottles are only in 2oz bottles from Cal Aqua labs. We currently do not have larger bottles at the moment.
Hopefully in a few weeks we will have 250-500ml bottles.

Regards, Orlando

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Excellent questions!!! I'm betting that it won't change back once the "chemical" reaction has taken place, and that you (we) would have to periodically put new solution / reagent in the checker. If you changed the solution once a week, you'd go through that little bottle pretty soon. It would be nice to be wrong about this one.
Yes the reagent will change colors daily from cylce on/off. In the morning it can be light blue, in a few hours it turns green when co2 is on.

Regards, Orlando

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.