Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Just some Walstad method tanks
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some P. stellata/stellatus that Im trying to grow on a walstad tank. Currently it has a photoperiod of 4-5 hours with a 5 hour dark period. Will it grow or should i invest in co2 systems? It has 2 w/gal of light

I had tried growing ammania gracilis on a lowtech setup, it has olive lower leaves and orange upper leaves but has black holes due to my mollies nipping.

Nvm the algae my week was busy so i forgot to continue consistently the siesta period

Lowtech A. gracilis

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
They look like they're growing pretty well. Give it a month of growth. If you don't see good growth & color, maybe stronger lights and CO2.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look like they're growing pretty well. Give it a month of growth. If you don't see good growth & color, maybe stronger lights and CO2.
Will M. aquaticum grow in a low-tech tank? I find that after converting they look really bad and the submerged leaf look like the emersed form. I had tried trimming it and the lateral growth look healthy...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Will M. aquaticum grow in a low-tech tank? I find that after converting they look really bad and the submerged leaf look like the emersed form. I had tried trimming it and the lateral growth look healthy...
Not sure about M. Aquaticum. I haven’t grown it yet. It’s a weed, maybe it’s easy to grow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This was the blue encircled bunch when it was not cut. The red was newly planted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts