Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MedRed's 5.5g Mini-M: Round 2

After 6 months of waiting... I finally got some Lilaeopsis nova "mini" for the foreground. I had a great feeling of satisfaction as a planted it last night. I was beginning to think I would never get some. I can't wait for it to fill in!

I made this an open, simple layout so that I can showcase the shrimp better. So far I have a few amano and red cherry shrimp. I may add another species of shrimp... not sure yet. Since the layout is so open, I want to add a fish or school of fish that will not pick off the exposed babies. The problem I'm having with choosing a fish is that I want the fish to fit the scale of the tank, have good color and/or interesting body pattern, and not be something I already have in another tank. I'm stumped at this point

More Pictures:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I've done before... here is the evolution of this tank. I would have stayed with the original design if not for a major disaster. I knew I wouldn't have been able get the tank back to its original state without tearing it apart... so I went in a different direction.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks good to me! (The tank that is... the mini is a little unhappy) What is the plant in the front right? The stick-y looking one?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol no worries... yes... it's flowering... i will need to split it soon, it's just now getting a daughter plant.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another victim of the SW tank. This tank has gone Low tech and has been simplified. The briggitae are around the back of the rock as I'd just performed a water change. I added Aquasoil to the front right and the back left to create rolling hills. We'll see how they look once the micro sword grows in. There's mini pelia attached to the rock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts