Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's interesting to see where people are located. Often, if someone asks a question, location has some bearing on the answer. For instance, if someone in NYC asks why when they dose TMG does thread algae follow as sure as day follows night, then, being in NYC, I could offer a response with some local insight. (Maybe). ;-)

Currently, most new members do not complete the <location> part of the registration form which can be added or changed at your profile entry page. Hence, their location does not show up on the <author> column of the forum topics. If they did complete their location, we would have some useful information with which to share.

Although this is a longshot and by far not a high priority, we could link the <location> part of the registration form to the <Members Map>, thereby making redundant the need for double-data entry.

I expect you've thought of that one before, though.... just being redundant here...

Andrew Cribb

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Andrew,

It's a good thought but not workable. The member map is a Java applet that won't talk with out code without some fancy translation written by experts. Unfortunately, that is WAY over my head.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought - not possible. I mumbled, what I really meant was that perhaps the <location> part of the form should be mandatory. Just a thought. Location usually does not compromise anonimity... :)

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts