Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a type of mesh to use for moss tied to a round rock. Anyone know where I can find? I'm not talking about the hard plastic mesh for a moss wall, a more softer kind?.... I have some mini pellia that I want to tie to a large round rock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use the bird netting that the home depot sells. It's a soft black plastic mesh that comes in large rolls. When you buy 1 roll you will never have to buy it again. You just cut off pieces as you need them. I cut off enough mesh to wrap around the entire rock and then tie it all together on the bottom of the rock. It comes out looking nice and pretty.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, I'll get some tomorrow. Bird Netting heh? Where in Home Depot? like what isle/part of it?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Craft stores are usually the place I look for stuff like this. If you get creative they have all kinds of useful stuff for our hobby.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used the mesh sponge bath thing you can get from any drug store or walmart or kmart. $1.99 and when you untangle them it's miles of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
'm looking for a type of mesh to use for moss tied to a round rock. Anyone know where I can find? I'm not talking about the hard plastic mesh for a moss wall, a more softer kind?.... I have some mini pellia that I want to tie to a large round rock.

One could use the fabric type of window screen for this purpose.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have used the mesh sponge bath thing you can get from any drug store or walmart or kmart. $1.99 and when you untangle them it's miles of them.
this is what i use also. it's amazing for riccia.
its cheap and works fantastic.
here's a pic.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I've found that a "hair net" works well for attaching moss to rocks. They are fairly inexpensive, less then $1 each, and very easy to use. There is no need to tie anything, you simply bunch up the extra net under the rock and sit the rock on the substrate. No cutting tying or trimming required, it doesn't get much easier than that.

·
Registered
601 Posts
'm looking for a type of mesh to use for moss tied to a round rock. Anyone know where I can find? I'm not talking about the hard plastic mesh for a moss wall, a more softer kind?.... I have some mini pellia that I want to tie to a large round rock.

One could use the fabric type of window screen for this purpose.
The stuff I referred to from WalMart is the soft type that wraps around rocks...otherwise brides would have big square helmets around their heads! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts