Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a regulator from rex, I'm quite happy with it except that the CO2 tank pressure gauge is messed up. Below is a pic of it, the peice of metal that displays the PSI is bent upon on one side. It looks like it wasn't centered very well at all when they assmbled it. Anyway the needle hits the metal. I haven't hooked it up to a tank yet, cuz I'm afraid I might damage the gauge. Is their a way I can fix this, like take the gauge apart and straighten and trim the metal display so it fits. I know I can return it, but I'd rather fix it myself if it's possible.

thanks,
Mikaila31

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
If the glass comes off easily you could straighten the dial face piece and it would still work fine. But, whatever caused the piece to be bent like that may have done other damage, which wouldn't be fixable. I wouldn't take the chance. You could lose a tank of CO2 from leakage, or it could pop off and dump the whole tank very quickly. If the damage is just a flimsy piece of plastic or paper that came unglued, just reglue it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I took the plastic cover off. The dial face is made of metal. If I can straighten it and trim it so kit fits, I belive It would work fine. I think it's bent like that because the dial face is not centred correctly in the housing. In the pic you can see that across from the bend, there is a gap between the dial face and the gauge housing. The other side is bent up and against the gauge housing. To be able to bend it down I would need to trim some off one side. To do that I would have to remove the dial face from the gauge. I'm not sure how to do that. Theres two screws on the back of the gauge.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
If the equipment came in this condition I would send a picture to REX and see about getting another one. Nobody should be obligated to keep damaged equipment when it is received damaged even if the damage is minimal and does not effect function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts