Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2x 175w MH light on a 90 gal tank. I currently have both lights on for 7 hours a day. I just set it up 2 days ago and have never used MH lights before.

What duration should they be on for? I don't have extra PC lights at the moment so the MH lights will probably be the only light on the tank for now. Will having MH lights only be a problem?

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
I have 2x 175w MH light on a 90 gal tank. I currently have both lights on for 7 hours a day. I just set it up 2 days ago and have never used MH lights before.

What duration should they be on for? I don't have extra PC lights at the moment so the MH lights will probably be the only light on the tank for now. Will having MH lights only be a problem?
Personally I would run one for 6 hrs and both for only 1 hr intially and slowly move it up to 8 hrs and 2-3 hrs for both. It's all relative though to the amount of plants, maintenance, co2, etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm ok.

Currently I have 1 light on either side of the tank brace.

I plan to heavily plant the tank with slow growers, anubias, ferns, moss, and sagitaria or UG along the bottom as soon as I get the substrate (its in the mail...). I might add a few red stems in there like R. mac or some sao paulo, nesea, or something to that extent.

I am planning to have lots of large rocks and make it mostly a rock scape.

There will be pressurized CO2 and dry ferts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts