Aquatic Plant Forum banner

461 - 475 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys! I new here and I need some help.... Before asking a lot of questions I would like to identify this algae ... Is this algae green string algae or short string algae?
Could somebody please help me?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ronaldo, regardless which one it is I would start doing water changes and add KNO3 only..
I would replace 100% of water once a week.. it all depends on how big your tank is..
Also, i can't see if you have anything agitate the surface.. you need to have oxygen... There are very few alges that thrive in well oxygenated water.
I think it's more important for you as it looks like new setup.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Christian_rubilar

Ca vs Mg 1:4, what does it mean? is this realy ca=1, mg=4 ??, ca=2 mg=8 ?? ca=3, mg=12??, ca=4 mg=16 ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, Mr. Christian. Could you tell me how to improve the concentration of magnesium ion? Which chemical should I use?. You said before the calcium chloride will burn microsorium,how about magnesium chloride? Can I use it? Is there anything better to recommend?

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Dolomite, magnesium carbonate, will add more magnesium to the water, while also raising the KH of the water. Dolomite dissolves very slowly, so there is definitely a limit on how much magnesium you could add this way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If my tank has 16ppm Ca ,I need to add 64ppm Mg ,the total hardness will reach to 18 properly!!! Is it too much high for a plants aquarium?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
I tried the MCI in my tank. The method helped me to determine the dosages of NO3 and PO4.
Recently I brought into my aquarium Spirogyra. Please tell me how to win it. I tried glut, hydrogen peroxide. Either it does not help at all, or it helps, but not for long.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Tu4kin, welcome to APC! Remember, it is always best to concentrate on growing lots of healthy plants, instead of concentrating on fighting algae. I'm not sure if this MCI process has ever been widely accepted. I know I don't use it.

461 - 475 of 475 Posts