Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Description: pH controller with standard plug socket support, .1 resolution, includes AC adapter. The SMS122 pH controller enables you to automate your dosing of CO2 and makes sure that the plants in your aquarium are always healthy. Simply plug in the solenoid valve to the plug socket supplied. Includes pH probe.

Keywords: Milwaukee pH controller

View attachment 43

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Very easy to set up, and use. I\'ve had them in use for nearly a year and they\'ve been very accurate and trouble free.

Rating9
ProsAccurate, easy to use, reliable
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
65 Posts
The price is right, it gives an acurate reading, but has two huge problems.

The unit will fail to turn off the solenoid when the pH falls below the preset measurement. I will set the desired pH to 6.7, pH reading fell to 6.1 and still pumping out Co2 before I noticed. I now have to check the pH every time I walk past and manually turn off the controller whenever I notice that the pH has drpped.

You get what you pay for!

The other thing I noticed is that the power connection into the controller is VERY loose and I have to tape it to the controller so it won't fall out!

Rating1
ProsCheep
Consfailing to shut down solenoid
Would you recommend?no

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ive used this for about 3 years, and it just keeps on working. You do need to calibrate the probe every month or so (or should calibrate the probe). Which Im sure you should do with all ph probes. Very easy to use, and automated CO2 dispensing. My only major complaint is the probe is bright yellow. Couldnt they have used black? Overall nice unit, and I would buy it again

Rating9
ProsEase of Use, Reliable
ConsSome maintence, eventual probe replacment, yellow probe
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts