Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can help me? Recently my Milwaukee solenoid stopped working. I opened it up and oiled it and put it back. It worked for a couple days and then stopped working again. It turns on and then won't turn off. I opened it up again and then cleaned it and oiled it and then same thing. Worked for 1 day and then stopped turning off. I oiled it with motor oil, as I was instructed to do by a LFS. Is it basically toast now or is there some way to fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I am not sure if this would do the trick but when the same thing happened to me I just openned it up and turned it on and off a few times. Not sure about the motor oil thing.

Basically just plug it in and out several times while you have it open and make sure that it seats properly. I had to push the piston in a couple of times and then it worked fine. Luckily after like six weeks no further problems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...the weird thing is when I take it out and clean it and oil it then put the solenoid back together it works fine. I have plugged it in and unplugged it probably 20 times and it turns on and off fine. Then I attach it back to the regulator and turn on the CO2 it still works. I tried it like 5 times and it turns on and off. After a day or two though it won't turn off anymore. Then the only way to fix it is open it up and clean everything. It seems like it gets stuck for some reason. Or maybe the pressure from the CO2 tank screws it up. Not sure...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts