Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(This was first posted on www.aquascapingworld.com but i post it here to:))

Hi
Started my Mini M aquarium today.
Its my second planted tank and first time I use pressurised CO2.

Specifications:
Tank: 36x22x26 cm. Not ADA, but only difference is that there is no ADA logo.
Lightning: ADA Solar Mini M
Substrate: ADA AS Amazonia - 3 l.
Filter: Eheim 2211 with glass lily pipes (New Mini Outflow 9mm [NMO] - £21.99 : Aqua Essentials)
Hardscape: Two pieces of Red Moor wood and Mini Landscape rocks (I think you call it seiryu seki in the US) and ADA moss balls.
Fertilizers: Tropica plant nutrition+, presurissed CO2 system.
Plants: Weeping moss, fontinalis dalecarlica, staurogyne sp., downoi, Rotala sp. "green". R. sp. "nanjenshan", glosso or HC, R. wallichii and maybe Microsorum sp. "narrow" will be added soon.

I have no pics when its waterfilled because its a bit cloudy and "messy" know...
Please tell me what you think!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments.
waterfaller1: I don´t want a black background on this tank. Will try to find some transperant white film or just white paper and use that as background.
The livestock will be shrimp and a small school of boraras or another small schooling fish.

Kakkoii: Patience;) It have to grow in a bit first.:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Heres a close-up of staurogyne sp. I´m not so good at photographing and the camera is crappy so the quality isn´t so good....

I won´t update with any full shots before it has grown in a bit and the water has cleared up, because it doesn´t looks so good know when the plants haven´t settled yet...

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
great start, I like your hardscape setup. Can't wait to see how this one grows in :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With water:)

More plants will soon be added; Blyxa, riccia sp. "dwarf", R. wallichii, R. sp. nanjenshan and glosso.

·
Registered
271 Posts
WOW. I am surprised no one has even posted. The wood is amazing. I got to contact Aqua essentials. Isn't his name Richard? Also close ups would be nice for closer examination.:D

Can't wait to see it grow. I am a little jealous as I am so behind on my Mini M.:(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, red moor wood is really nice and those Richard sell looks to be of very good quality. The red moor wood I´ve bought from other places often have cut-off edges, but these haven´t.:D

·
Registered
271 Posts
I love the scape now that I can see it pretty good now. The Mini Landscape rocks are a very nice touch as it looks like the "Tree" is growing out from inbetween. Also whats plants do you plan to use on the RedMoor wood? With that would I can imagine something like one of FAAO tanks with that mossy tree. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts