Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone currently grow mini riccia? If so, then please private message me. I would love to purchase and/or trade for some. I'd really really appreciate it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the offer Rex, but I do have regular riccia. Hehehe. Yeah, I've only heard of this plant recently. :biggrin: Apparently, it has been "out there" for a while but has never gained any notoriety, not unlike Ammania sp. 'Bonsai' and Eusteralis verticillata.

The mini riccia is, like its namesake, a miniature version of regular Riccia fluitans. After doing some research, hobbyists describe it as "more refined", "mossy", and "slower growing" than regular riccia. Sounds exciting.

Here is a pictorial comparison of the two forms. And here is a photo from the Plant Finder:

So does anyone have this nifty liverwort?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm looking for some too!

CS, if I find some I'll let you know. I remember seeing people selling these on aquaticquotient but they are all international.

·
Administrator
7,390 Posts
There was some at the 2002 AGA auction, but I don't remember who got it or what happened to it.

The plant is featured on the Tropica web site too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mini riccia

i have alot of mini riccia,but i am from malaysia, i don't know is there any possible way to ship it to your country,i used to sell this kind of plant stick together with a 2.5x1 inch stone. in Ringgit Malaysia 30 ,each. if you know any way that i can post it to you,please do let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mini riccia

i have alot of mini riccia,but i am from malaysia, i don't know is there any possible way to ship it to your country,i used to sell this kind of plant stick together with a 2.5x1 inch stone. in Ringgit Malaysia 30 ,each. if you know any way that i can post it to you,please do let me know.

·
Registered
274 Posts
30 Malaysian ringit is probably about 8-9 bucks USD. Hmm. Is it true that there are south east asian hobbyist who sell plants on aqubid regardless of importation rules/regulation?

·
Registered
89 Posts
About 6 months ago I traded with a guy in Singapore some 12 inche stainless steel tweezers for 2 tiny portions of Xmas moss and erect moss.

Not sure how he filled out his custom papers but the tiny envelope came over just fine and both mosses lived and have grown nice for me.

Only thing I did for him was mark it as a gift. Granted that was for Singapore but it went well. He sold the stuff on Aquabid a few times too.

Not sure if that helps but since the stuff does not have roots and plant is completely exposed, might be worth a try. I know I paid like $9 to air express or something to him. Not sure what he spent to get it to me. But I had some neat looking stamps on the tiny envelope!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to have to send you a picture because I swear my riccia is the smaller version. Each "plant"never gets longer than 3/4 of an inch and it never develops into large mats like others rather a small 1" matt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.