Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay what is the water mix for your Pmdd pre mix.
Say 500 ml of water to 1 teaspoon or one 1 Tablespoon???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dosing and mixing instructions in very general terms can be found here at TheKrib.com http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/pmdd-tim.html

But the quick and dirty answer is 4 tablespoons in 500 ml of water …

Personally, I use a Pepsi Big Mount plastic bottle, fill it approximately half full of aquarium water … then I add 4 tablespoons of product to the bottle, screw the cap on, and shake really well …

However &#8230; that makes an awful lot of solution &#8230; most people are better off making about a third of that &#8230; 1 tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons &#8230; so you can "reduce" the recipe by using 4 teaspoons and estimating approximately 166 ml of water (if you don't like estimating <GRIN>, 1 tablespoon equals 15 ml, so that's approximately 11 tablespoons of water) &#8230;

·
Registered
739 Posts
Does it make much difference if you have soft hard water? I don't have any problems mixing PMDD but I forget the amounts I used last time I made a batch. Equilibrium seems to be the hardest for me to mix, always leaves something behind... I have soft water from the tap and use RO for mixing my solutions.

Giancarlo Podio

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anonymous said:
So Greg, is it 4Tbl or 1 in 500ml H20? On your site, you indicate 1.
First, the question above is asking about the PMDD Pre-Mix ... and what you are referencing is the page on my site "How To Dose Plantex CSM+B" (not the PMDD Pre-Mix)... which is about making a micro-nutrient solution as a substitute for Flourish ...

So ... the quick and dirty answer is 4 tablespoons ... If you read the link to the article on TheKrib ... the traditional PMDD recipe calls for 1 tablespoon each of Potassium Nitrate, Plantex CSM+B, and Magnesium Sulfate, plus 2 tablespoons of Potassium Sulfate ... all to be added to 500 ml of water (or more specifically then add enough water to make 500 ml of solution).

Since my PMDD Pre-Mix only has 1 tablespoon of the Potassium Sulfate in it rather than the 2 tablespoons of Potassium Sulfate, then the "quick and dirty" answer is 4 tablespoons of the Pre-Mix to make 500 ml of solution.

It is really pretty simple ... my personal favorite method is to use a 1 litre Pepsi Big Mouth Bottle ... I personally fill it approximately half full of aquarium water ... add the dry ingredients ... put the cap on and shake really well ... The larger bottle makes it easier in my opinion to shake the bottle up and mix the solution well ...

Those that do this on a regular basis know that the Plantex CSM is a little "gunky" at first and requires a very vigorous shaking to mix well <GRIN>!!!!

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts