Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy some mesh and netting for the moss I will be getting, but I am unsure of where to find it. I don't want to order from aquaticmagic, as I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for it. Would a local hardware store have what I need? Can anyone explain these in detail so that I may find suitable replacements locally?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
You can also take a shower "puff"/"scrunchy" thing (that you put shower gel on and clean yourself with). YOu just cut the string that holds it all together and you get several feet of ideal moss netting.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that's an excellent and inexpensive idea, Dave! Thanks! :p Thank you as well, houseofcards. I will be using moss on rocks, but this is actually to go between the rocks, as I want moss to dominate a mountain-ish thing I am making. I'd be cutting the mesh to fit between the rocks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well since I have two reliable sources of the meshy material, what about the hard wire, so that the moss remains in shape and well.. in place? Can I get this at a hardware store with some wire clippers?

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Dave is right, you can use the crunchies as well. I've used both, I did find the hairnets easier to work with and you don't need something to tie it with, you just make a knot. The regular hairnets also are fairly invisible while the cruchies are much more visible for longer until the moss grows. If you want moss between rocks I have found it's still easier to use rocks between the rocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts