Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
looks great. is the moss rooting itself in the substrate?
It isn't rooting... but spreading! The moss doesn't have roots, it will fix to the soil like it fixes to rocks or wood.
When I trimmed it for the first time I didn't remove the exceeded moss, I leave it there to fill some spaces.

Could you tell us the implication of this layout? It is quite simple in comparison with all your previous layout.
Thank,
This is an experience. I want to know if the moss can be used like it is and what maintenance it needs.
If it works well, I'll use it for sure on the next setup that I'm preparing about 2 months ;)
Sometimes easy or simple setups are the worse to let them good and presentable!
Don't judge for the simplicity of the layout… The tree's scapes were simply and easy, but at the end you can't stay indifferent.
Let the setup maturates and at the end you can say that you like it or not!;)

Cheers,

Filipe Oliveira

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's my favourite layout I've seen in ages well done! I really can't wait for it grow out even more, I'd love to see some crypts in that center space though, one of the lime green with red stemmed crypts would look fantastic I think.
Keep up the good work!
Gareth.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Very different and original. The driftwood arrangement reminds me of the Creation of Man by Michelangelo. Hand of man reaching out from the earth to touch the hand of his creator..... the threadfins could just as well be angels! :dance:

I am just amazed how easily you seem to be able to come upon these wonderful DW pieces.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just need to say that I think you are the most talented aqua scaper on this forum. Every time I see a tank you have done it blows me away how well they come together.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi,
The moss looks great! But maybe it will be diffucult to trim witout it loosen from the bottom?
Sorry my poor english, not sure if this is correct written...
I already trimmed it and don't had any problems with the moss! Of course I need to be carefull with the sicssor;)

It's my favourite layout I've seen in ages well done! I really can't wait for it grow out even more, I'd love to see some crypts in that center space though, one of the lime green with red stemmed crypts would look fantastic I think.
Keep up the good work!
Gareth.
I have some cryptocorynes in this layout and I didn't plant them... they just appeared from the soil (old soil of my 240lt aquarium :D Maybe they'll appear on the right place... Nature! [smilie=u:

[QUOTE="Bunbuku, post: 400342, member: 20105"]Very different and original. The driftwood arrangement reminds me of the Creation of Man by Michelangelo. Hand of man reaching out from the earth to touch the hand of his creator..... the threadfins could just as well be angels! :dance:

I am just amazed how easily you seem to be able to come upon these wonderful DW pieces.[/QUOTE]
heheheh nice point of view!
Good start, I love this test.
I am sure you have an idea on what will happen to the hardscape when the plants fill in and I am eager to see where you go with this.
You need to wait, I hope that I can surprise you at the end!

Updates??:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Yes I have... but I don't know if you will like it!
It is similar than last update, I trimmed the Didiplis and the bottom is filled of moss.

I just need to say that I think you are the most talented aqua scaper on this forum. Every time I see a tank you have done it blows me away how well they come together.
You make me blush! :oops::oops::oops:
Thanks for your kindly words! :thumbsup:

So here they are the pictures... I hope that you like it!

Cheers,

Filipe Oliveira

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hi,

Here it is an update of this aquarium!
Some minor changes from last update but nothing that can change the main idea.
I replaced Didiplis by Ludwigia arcuata and I hope that can fill the layout better than 1st choice.
I didn't know what happened with Didiplis, It wasn't the first time that I used this plant, but this time I can't keet like before... :confused:

The moss don't stop growing and it wasn't planted like traditional way... tied on rocks or wood, I just planted it like other foreground plant... it is amazing how fast it filled the entire bottom.

Here it is the update picture from 2008-08-13:

Some of my inverts :D a small part of the lot of shrimps that I have on this aquarium:

And it is all for now...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I really love your tank and the layout. But what types of feather fin rainbows are those? The ones I have do not have that long finnage. Are there different types? Thanks, E.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Where did you get your Co2 Drop checker. All of the ones I find are ugly unlike yours.
I think that is an Elos drop-checker, as well as an Elos diffuser. Link. I really like the look of the Elos glassware, but something tells me it might make the ADA stuff look cheap.

As always Filipe, your tank looks amazing! I really like how the L. Arcuata looks, very nice contrast to the moss. I look forward to seeing what you do next!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.