Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Nice Arowana! I would actually leave the left side empty-ish. It provides "conclus-ivity"; a definitive beginning and a definitive end which I feel the tank needs (sorry Jason). I think that if the left side was full, it would be a bit too busy looking.

This will be interesting to keep an eye on in the coming weeks. It will be relatively nightmarish to prune, as any excessive background plant growth will swallow up the moss on the wood. I agree with you, Arowana, that the green rotala could use a trim! It makes it look a bit messy, but it is a very commendable tank to this point!

It certainly stays true to your historical style! :D

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you all for the comments again. I agree too that there is/was to many plants in the tank. I removed some of the ones that were just filler for the startup time of the tank. I just removed the hygro from the back left of the tank, and I removed one of the sticks on the right side and planted more mini pellia on the one that I left there now on the lower parts of the branches and on the end of the tiny branches to represent newer growth on a end of a branch look.

Donald your tank is looking increadible also very inspiring. I am glad others like you feel the same way with this tank. I think if it was solid from left to right like this it would loose your attention easier. Now it makes you want to look arround the corner to see what is growing.

I still have not trimmed the Green rotala yet.

What do you think of the changes?

· Registered
2,074 Posts
That is pretty much perfect, Arowana! :D The only suggestion that I have is for you to replant the green specimen directly in the middle a bit further back (I can't tell what it is from this angle....it is green and "frilly" looking); I think that it too close to your trees and takes away from the depth in that specific area. Other than that, it is pretty much perfect, and major kudos to you!!

· Premium Member
3,373 Posts
I've enjoyed the style of your tanks and I think I see what your going after. In my opinion the issue is the height of the wood on in the left/left-mid area. I believe they are too tall and it creates a difficult transition since the tank appears fullier on the right. If those branches were lower or moved to the right with lower branches in their place it would be more effective IMHO.

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That is pretty much perfect, Arowana! :D The only suggestion that I have is for you to replant the green specimen directly in the middle a bit further back (I can't tell what it is from this angle....it is green and "frilly" looking); I think that it too close to your trees and takes away from the depth in that specific area. Other than that, it is pretty much perfect, and major kudos to you!!
Don I Think you are talking about the Rotala Verticallis:confused: I was kind of wondering that myself and I moved the red form narrow esturallis stellata to the back. I have been considering moving the R. Vert. now just where to move it to keep it as a focal plant and fit into the scape?

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I've enjoyed the style of your tanks and I think I see what your going after. In my opinion the issue is the height of the wood on in the left/left-mid area. I believe they are too tall and it creates a difficult transition since the tank appears fullier on the right. If those branches were lower or moved to the right with lower branches in their place it would be more effective IMHO.
Thank you for your compliments on the tank. I really love how the tank looks when you are just looking at it. It has so much color and texture, it is really amazing but, when you look at it in pictures it looks congested. I want to see what happens when the moss finally fills in the branches see how full it looks then.

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Dirtybirdy post up some pics when you do.

I just added 25 rummy nose tetras, and three discus tetras, and another 10 otto cats.

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
here are some updated pictures of both my 90P, and my Mini M tanks. I just got a group of 25 rummy nose tetras for my 90P I am planning on another 25 :pray:

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Man that 90P would be award winning if you could move the scape part to the left. Take your hand and cover the left 1/4 of the tank. Wow. lol
all right I rearanged it a little to make it look fuller on the left side. Plus I groomed the plants in the middle section a little more.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.