Aquatic Plant Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
The red lone stem (aromatica?) behind your left tree looks sort of lost and out of place. Do you have plans for that? Your rock placement is so good! :D
that lone stem is a stem of Giant stellata. Not sure what the exact scientific name is for it but it gets huge. I am not sure what to do with it myself. I was just growing it up to cut it off to donate to somebody. Infact that is what I am doing with it today for a friend of mine.

· Registered
197 Posts
This tank looks terrific. It's sort of like the space where a hedge and a forest meet, one that's grown up nicely to invite all sorts of wildlife. :D

I love following your photos from the loose, jungle-y feel to the more balanced final version. Hope I can get mine to look half this nice!

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
This tank looks terrific. It's sort of like the space where a hedge and a forest meet, one that's grown up nicely to invite all sorts of wildlife. :D

I love following your photos from the loose, jungle-y feel to the more balanced final version. Hope I can get mine to look half this nice!
Thank you Fishtory for you. I am glad you enjoy fallowing the progress of my tanks :) the ultimate tool for planting mosses on driftwood especially with branches as small as some of these manzanita branches in this tank is a Fly fishing bobbin. you can wrap branches without tangling the string around every snag it can catch. and keeping a larger colony of amono shrimp in your tank they will keep the moss clean as well as the rest of the tank.

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
What type of rock are you using?
The rocks in this tank are rocks that I collected in northern Montana in a glacier lake. So I would guess they are lake mud rock etched by the ice glaciers would be my guess. They do not do anything to the water or chemistry, so they are perfect for a planted tank. I am planning maybe this summer driving back up and collecting a truck full of them and visit my family while I am at it[smilie=r::hungry: I would like to do scapes with larger rocks gain but made of this stuff. 24hr drive each way.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.