Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was always interested how are you guys trimming moss? Every time I have to do it it's soo messy and PITA to clean the tank after that. I have a tightly packed driftwood-moss-ferns aqua scape and can't get the driftwood out for trimming.

Thanks for ideas,
Eugene

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I have moss on a piece of wood that is a pain to remove for trimming moss. So, what I do is remove the tank cover and get everything out of the way and reach in with both hands. I grasp a wad/clump of moss with my fingers, and with my other hand I trim that clump, and then, place it in a dish/bowl. I keep going like that until I've gotten the whole moss area trimmed. It takes longer, but is easier than removing the wood and keeps me from having moss all over the tank. I also wait to trim just before a water change, that way I can siphon out any 'escapees'.

-Dave

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yea I would have to say I do about the same thing as davemonkey. I also cut the moss down quite a bit. Like close to the wood and let it regrow back out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use a gravel cleaner tube and some scisors. I hold the GC over the moss start sphion and trim away. This also works very well for ricca. and I also do my water change when I do my trim.

Curt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts