Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of my plants are doing well with the exception of a few species. The tips of the leaves are curling inward and they are getting black streaks and edges.

My tank parameters are...

KH - 6
GH - 11 trying to lower it
PH - 6.5 with injected CO2
CA - 60ppm
NO2 - 10-20ppm
PO4 - >2.ppm

I changes 50 % H2o every week

I does 2 tspns NO2 and 1/8 PO4 after every water change and then every other day. On the other days I add 30ml Flourish.

I have 220 watts of CF for 12 hrs a day and a total of 600 watts of CF for 6 hours a day. The reason for so much light is that it is a 150 gallon extra high tank that is 24 inches deep.

I have been getting lots of help from people but would like your opinion on the curling and BLACK streaks/edges.

The plants that are most affected are L. Aromatica, P. Stellata broad leaf, and Ammania Senegalis.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes in the form of KNO3 and KH2PO4 in the quantities listed above...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its definately not algea. I will take and post some pics...If I can remember. I really think it has to be some kind of deficiency and I know I am going to get a bunch of people saying it is a CA deficiency and it definately is not!!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Hi jdigiorgio

I think lowering conductivity (TDS) would improve this situation. In contrary, some people have success with adding CaCl2 even though their tap water contains sufficient amount of Ca.

Edward

1 - 6 of 6 Posts