Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
What T12 flourescent would you suggest I use for general illumination purposes?

I have a reef fixture, MH/ flourescent combo, on my 135. The MH's are on a timer and are the primary grow light. The flourescents are left on for sunrise and sunset so I really don't need them for plant growth.

However, I would like to maximize the beauty of the plants and fish at my favorite viewing times, AM and evening.

What's your preference?

Thanks,
Later

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I like a mix between the URI Aquasun and Coralife Trichromatic. The URI aquasun pulls out beautiful reds without sacrificing green coloration in non-red plants. The Coralife Trichromatic is very blue-green so it pumps up the appearance of the green plants. Together, they create a beautiful, crisp lighting system.

Carlos

·
Registered
228 Posts
tsunami said:
I like a mix between the URI Aquasun and Coralife Trichromatic. The URI aquasun pulls out beautiful reds without sacrificing green coloration in non-red plants. The Coralife Trichromatic is very blue-green so it pumps up the appearance of the green plants. Together, they create a beautiful, crisp lighting system.

Carlos
what would u recommend if i wanted to do a single VHO bulb and a regular flourescent bulb on my 55g. which one would u pick to be the URI aquasun and which to be the coralife. and would u recommend them to be good growing bulbs? These would be the only two on my tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts