Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two ten gallon tanks that I will need to move in three weeks to a location three hours away. If I take a couple five gallon buckets of water to help acclimate the tanks, could I just drain them to the gravel and drive them down then re-set them back up?

· Registered
149 Posts
I moved a 55 gallon tank once. It traveled less than 45 miles to it's new location. I was smart to drain it down, remove all flora and fauna. I was sketchy about the 120 lbs. of flourite red though. but I said screw it, The top piece on the stand wasn't mounted, so I had a 5/8" inch of oak to support it during the lifting and moving of the tank. I merely sat it back down on the frame stand itself. You got a couple of 10 gallons, I wouldn't worry about what you're proposing to do. I drained my 20 gallon down to 6 and left the fish in! There was no substrate to this tank as it's designed for breeding purposes. It traveled in the back trunk with saran wrap over the top to prevent water splashing out. I guess I was lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.