Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of the multi-vitamins have most of the macronutrients that plants need so I'm thinking of trying that in one of my tank. Does those have any negative effects on fish?

Also, which ingredient is toxic to fish?

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Are you just curious? I would think they are much more expensive than dry fertilizers. How would you know if they were in the form your plants could use?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just curious, wanted to try something out of the ordinary. If those tablets got crushed into powder form then disolve in water, I think plants can use them. I'm just wondering how those would effect fish/invert.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I would guess that it depends on what else is in them and at what quantities. You know the regular ferts in moderation are ok. CRS are a little more sensitive, though.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I had some off brand multivitamin tablets that my Keyhole Cichlids loved. I gave them one a week. When I ran out, I couldn't find the same brand and the cichlids wouldn't eat them.:D

I don't think that they did anything to help my plants though.

·
Registered
581 Posts
wow...now I have heard it all...Multi-vitamins for fish?? LOL. Did you see any difference in your cichlids Left C? Better coloration or anything?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Nope, but it tickled me that they really relished them. They gobbled them up. I would drop one on the left side and one on the right side. They would be eaten really quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts