Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is the first time I write (just registered), after shyly reading your excellent posts and replies for months.

I have pressurised co2 supplying Ferplast diffusor, and it works well. However, my tank is 375 L (150cmx50cmx50cm), so there may not be enough circulation for the whole length of the tank. I have some spare pumps that I could use as diffusors, but I read (Niko?) that a simple T-piece may not work. If so, do you have any suggestions have to get co2 to 2 (or more) diffusors from a single (pressurised) bottle.

Tnx in advance,

Summer

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gas will flow through the easiest way out.

By using Ts you could run several DIY-powerhead diffusors as long as you achieve proper adjustments to counterbalance naturally occurring discrepancies and by trial and error achieve equilibrium (e.g. using valves to restricting the output with less resistants to match the one with more) just the same principle at work when you use one airpump to feed multiple devices.

There might be other more accurate and technical ways of doing so wait for the experts.

Pepe
Santo Domingo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your advice.
It seems to me that the simplest way is to use flow controllers, and as Pepetj said, experiment a bit.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I do have large aquariums (200G +) with CO2 and I do pay attention to CO2 distribution. The trick is not multiple diffusers but distribution of the CO2 carrying water. Be it one reactor or several; see to it that the CO2 laden water is evenly spread throughout the length of the tank and the movement of water is from one long-side to the other (mine use upwards all along the back to downwards all along the front flow). This will give you the best distribution of CO2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts