Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here was my entry for the 2004 AGA contest. It was going to be 2 tanks but didn't maintain the aquascape the whole summer. The only tank that could make the deadline was this 10 gal.

I wanted to create a totally different design from my 2003 tank and keep it simply.
The design started out with a piece of driftwood brought on ebay. The piece on the left was used. This piece was going into a tall Oceanic cube as it stands in the pic.
The driftwood floats, so I had to silicone the right side onto the glass.
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2004.cgi?&Scale=258&op=showcase&category=0&vol=0&id=151

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
10 gal.

Here is a full view of the tank.
The design would have better line if I put more time into it over the summer. I'm happy with the design even if I didn't win. I will do some more trimming and growth in the next few months for the 2005 ADA.
Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think its freakin great. It looks kind of like my tank except the mosses and java ferns.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
It would have scored better with me if the right side wood weren't so strong. It's a solid aquascape and is well tended, but that right piece puts the left side out of balance.

It was good meeting you Ken, thanks for introducing yourself.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im no judge by any means, but to me the wood on the right side looks like something you would see in the wild? I do agree its strong, but it looks like it belongs to me.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The AGA server, having suffered a high-tech heart attack because of too many web sites directly linking to photo images or too many people downloading at once means that it is unavailable to supply details of (a) the plant names, and (b) the judges comments at the bottom. I am curious to see both.

Andrew Cribb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts