Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had tried setting up an iwagumi in a 20g long aquarium I have, but that didn't work out too well, and it had to be dismantled. I've since decided I like the 10g better for an iwagumi scape, so I just set one up. Here is what the hardscape originally looked like:

Then it was pointed out that it didn't look natural enough, so I broke up some of the zebra rock and rescaped. This is how it ended up:

Yesterday I just got some Utricularia graminifolia, so this is what it looks like now:

Tell me what you think!

:)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very nice start. When do you plan on putting the fish in?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not until I am able to find another loving home for the black neons that are currently in there. (See them, hiding under the filter pipes?)

I'm trying to find a new home for them as we speak. As soon as someone takes them off my hands (or I bring them to the LFS, which I would rather not do, because I said loving home), I plan on putting some microrasbora, or boraras spp. in there. Along with a handful of amanos and a few baby otos.

Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Rock on. (literally)

Ive never tried an all rock set up such as this but I think you could improve upon it visually if you removed a couple pieces.

Just my opinion of course, no need to comply.. : )

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very true... but that's why this is meant to be a blend of natural and unnatural. Plus, there will be a grouping of stem plants in the back right corner coming up and slightly over that big rock, so it should ultimately end up looking more like the face of a cliff or something like that...

Anyway, stay tuned. It will take shape as we go along...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts