Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody !
I want to share with you my first aquarium I set out with some aquascaping in my mind, but also for for being a good home for my shrimps and rainbows - iriatherina werneri.

Some data:

- Lido 120 aquarium + stand (2*24 W T5 - daylight and nature - factory standard)
- ADA Amazonia II + ADA Sarawak Sand
- 3 wine + 1 apple tree wood / rocks from the Transylvanian mountains :twisted: nearby
- plants: Anubias (nana, petite, lanceolata, coffefolia si de maine congensis), Bolbitis heudelotii, Eleocharis viviparus, Microsorum pteropos windelov, 3 baby Cryptocoryne undulata, some Urticularia graminifolia, Vesicularia montagnei (Christmas moss) and Frontinalis antipyretica (Willow moss)
- fauna: shrimps (snowball and CRS), neritina snails and some 6-7 iriatherina werneri
- fertilisation: ADA Brighty Step1 (and so on :)) ... and a weekly 30% water change (the water here is very soft)

Here are the images during the setup:

first, the ground and the hardscape:

the sand:

... and the plants

the first water - and bubbles :roll:

After two weeks:

After four weeks (that is yesterday)... there's no much growth; I temporarily put a tiger lotus I want to plant in a pond in the spring but, as my wife loves it [-:)yield:, it might stay (but moved a little to the right). I also put some small rocks there because the Amazonia soil had a tendency to spread over the sand.

My B grade CRS:

Yesterday I put 4 werneri, but they are still very shy. I'll put more in a week or two.

Enjoy... I sure do ! :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Lovely tank, Marius. The wood is absolutelly beautiful, as is your layout.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Very nice layout, I'm looking forward to seeing it mature. Both the threadfins and the shrimp look great too.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Marz, you did a great job with that scape!! When I saw how tall the tank was, I had my doubts. But you really pulled it all together VERY nicely. It's beautiful. I like the tiger lotus as well. ;)

-Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much everybody ! :D
It was a bit of a challenge for me with this tall, unusual shape tank too.. it also has that internal filter which would better be not there, but my lazy self :icon_hang decided to keep it after all.

So, after a long inner struggle about keeping or not the lotus (I couldn't sleep at nights :violin::D), it seems the tiger lotus will stay... an offspring of its and a bit more to the right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, crispy0 ! That corner where the filter's placed in the aquarium is also the corner of the room so everything it's pretty feng shui there.:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: My 'slow growing' 120 l anubias tank journal

Here's a little update to my tank:

I cut the leaves of the lotus which were reaching to the surface and for the moment they are only grow underwater. I just put some reflectors on the fluorescent tubes - I hope the algae won't appear. I'm curios about the effect of the visibly brighter light on my plant as I will also start the ADA Brighty Step 2 fertilization.
And I'm thinking of changing the thread's title to My 'slow growing' 120 l anubias tank journal. :p

PS: I put in a dozen of Pseudomugil gertrudae. They are such nice fish, but I'm still working on a decent picture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all !:)

@jasa73: you mean what's my filtration system ? It's the standard Juwel filter it came with the aquarium set - I just added some siporax ceramic rings and I keep changing some of the filtration materials regularly. Anyway, in the meantime the water isn't so clear, partly do my busy schedule, partly do the slight overpopulation - the shrimp are breeding like crazy and I have some 50 apple snail babies which keep growing and begin to give me a headache.:rolleyes:

Have a look:

.. and I installed a moonlight. :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks for the info. Your tank looks great. Your water is so clear it looks like you use purigen or something. Nice job!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts