Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to show you my personal aquarium.
Dimensions: 51x24x24 inch(130x60x60cm)
Filtration: 2xJebo809
Light:3x150w HQI Jebo JM283b with 6000k bulbs. 10 hours per day lighting with mid day pause of two hours.
Pressurised CO2: By Dennerle with ph controller and internal reactor Cycloturbo
Heating cables: 24v/50w Dennerle with temp controller
Chiller: Jebo JC628
Fertilization: substrate - Dupla root, water - Dennerle E15, V30, A1 and Plantagold7 as trace elements and DIY(KHNO3, KH2PO4) for macro.
UV sterilizer: 13w Jebo
Temperature: 79F(26C)
Water: Ph=6.50, Kh=7, Gh=8, NO3=10, PO4=1, K=50
Plants: E.'Arquatica', M.Pteropus, M.Pteropus ''Windelow'', Anubias Barteri, Aponogeton Undulatus, Didiplis Diandra, Valisneria 'Americana', Cyperus Helferi, Blyxa Japonica, Blyxa Auberti, Lilaeopsis Novaezelandiae, Cryptocoryne Wendtii, E. Amazonicus, E.Osiris, E. Horemanii Red
Fish: 3 Hemigrammus rhodostomus, 8 Pterophyllum scalare, 2 SAE and some Red cherry schrimps.

Aquarium in eleven months old.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,
it depends how much light I give to the tank. If I use 2x150w trimming is to every 10-12days. If I use 3x150w I need to trim my tank weekly. The Didiplis grows unbelievably. Also, in case of using 3x150w the fertilizers disappear almost instant:) After trimming I donate to my fellow aquarists approximately half a gallon of plants at every two weeks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aponogeton Undulatus flower. I never see a flower with three ''arms'', only with two. Picture was taken today in my present tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks awesome. :hail: I can only hope that one day my tank gets close. Really great job

I was looking at your CO2 intake. I'm working on regulating CO2 in my tank at the moment so it caught my attention. If I've done my math correctly, aren't you dumping in approximately 68ppm? And if so, is there a reason it is so high. I thought 30-40ppm was the recommendation. Don't get me wrong, you're obviously doing everything great, I'm just asking to learn from your example.

Jim

29gallon
medium planted
CO2
2x65w coralife-9 total hours per day lighting with mid day burst
( 3 [email protected], 3 hour burst @130W, 3 [email protected])
Seachem ferts
Ph-6.8, K-7.00, GH-4.00

·
Registered
84 Posts
where did you see his Co2 intake? As far as I can tell, he only lists one Ph number so it couldn't be that (he uses a controller, so you'd need the original number for even a ROUGH calculation of Co2 injection amount)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello @greenman, you are correct in theory with 30-40ppm. Problem occurs when you recive a slight demineralization of you gravel witch lead you to a increase KH, in that idea 30-40ppm at kh=7-8 is not enough and further more Co2 is required. The real amount of CO2 is about 80-90ppm. For the new setup I intend to find out some immune CO2 gravel like Dennerle. I will see what I will find at the time.
Despite using of RO in order tot complete evaporated water, aprox 1USG/day, the KH don't want to decrease. I mentioned that my tap water has KH=4. Indeed I use an controller but accordingly with Dennerle calculation the amount of CO2 in the water is as described above. This is the reason because I can't have Otto's or Ammano schrimps. The CO2 intake, the reactor, is located in the left rear of the tank.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you. I am planning a new setup next month in order to be ready, if possible, for AGA2009.
Unfortunately I don't have to much ideas until now.:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts