Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
With pleasure. Unfortunately I was forced to quit on Balansae due to her size. I donate them to a friend with a larger tank.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That aquarium for those crypto's has 3 feet tall.

I want to present you one of my newest 10 inhabitants: Microrasbora Naked

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
One new setup.
I have decided to drop Lilaeopsis Novaezelandiae and replace her with Utricularia Graminifolia. Also I have planted a lot of Crypts and I have changed my HQI bulbs from 6000k to Blau 6500k. This is the result:

·
Registered
103 Posts
how do you trim the grass without making a complete mess? I'm having this issue with the moss in my low-light because the moss isn't all that buoyant.

nice looking tank though!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
From time to time, when necessary, I am taking out all foreground, trim outside the tank and replanting after. This operation is needed at about 5-6 months.
Unfortunately, it seems my substrate it became depleted, and a new setup will be required in the next month. I am looking now for Dennerle Deponit Mix as a fertilizing substrate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
After the new setup I added a new plant, Barclaya Longifolia. Unfortunately , due to my conditions in aquarium I had to remove it from tank due to the fact that she grew more than 4ft. It seems that the strong HQI 6000k lights made that plant an invasive one. Anyway, all that remain from that plant was maybe 200 new baby plants and this picture:

A picture 5 months old with actual setup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wonderfull natural aquascape Andreic,
very healthy plants.

I see you are using Blau Aquaristic 6500K Metal Halide bulbs.
Which is your opinion about them? Are they too yellow??

Thanks and congratulations again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello @Elchacal,
Thank you very much for your appreciation. The Blau bulbs are just fine and they aren't yellowish at all. At this moment I am using bulbs at 6000k.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Andreic,

That's the female flower; have you seen any tiny arrowhead shaped things near the base of some different plants? V. americana's dioecious; one sex per plant. Hopefully you've got some male plants in there as well! If you see little yellow-green balls the size of a shrimp egg floating on the water's surface you've got males in there too. Herd them into an area near the female flower and set up some sort of floating ring to keep the pollen from getting washed away and you should get viable seeds.

Best of luck sexually propagating your Val!

Vallisneria americana flower

21 - 38 of 38 Posts