Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
This is my corner tank :

I use a 70W hqi + 2*18W (fluo) for the light . I inject CO2 , soon pmdd and there is substrat ( is it the right word? ^^)
I think it's too symetrical so i need your help because i'm going to make som changement this week-end or before ;)
The right side will leave and i'll try to put red plants , the echinodorus in the middle will be taken out and i will make continu the HC foreground to the background.... I don't know if you really understand me :s My english is bad ^_^
What would you suggest me?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Wow, that's a nice tank! A terracing-effect from the back corner to the edge of the HC would look amazing, IMHO. Try changing out the Bacopa and the Rotala, they are too wild-looking..use P. stellata and/or Java fern 'narrow-leaf', Ludwigia inclinata 'Cuba' is also a good choice. Can I ask what substrate you use?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The substrate is "deponit mix" with "aquabasis" . I'm not sure that you know this brand i'm living in France so i'm not sure that the same exist in the USA .
What's the complete name of P. stellata? I know eustelaris stellata but not P. stellata. I think your idea is good but it's imply that my filter will be able to be seen ( uhm i can't find the word to say this ) .
If you have other suggest they are welcome!
Cu ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Your english is wonderful! Where are you located in France? I spent about 4 months there two years ago, three months in Dijon and one in Paris.
Wow! Your plants are healthy and vibrant.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
P. stellata is E. stellata, just a name change...the latter being the old/mistaken name. And I did hear about both of the base ferts you are using, infact I'm very interested in European base ferts (you should try using Hobby Aqualit as a gravel, it's very porous and my plants always seem to attach their roots all over the granules!).

I can see the outlet of the filter nozzle, maybe you could bring lower into your aquarium and then plant all around it leaving just the outlet open.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Wow, that is a gorgeous tank... Very healthy & clean [smilie=n:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm near Paris ;)
For the outlet of my filter the problem is that i can't regulate it ( the filter ) . I may try to invent a system to bring it lower.....
Tomorow i garden a little bit :D
I'll try to send you photos ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts