Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a tank i've been working on for a while. It started as a emersed tank, but I've started to steer away from that, since I added a lot of nonaquatic plants. Its a standard 2.5gal tank, it looks alot bigger than it really is....

Plants: IDK all of them, I've forgotten quite a few. But Pennywort, viola sororia, a spider plant, anubias petite, some moss from the wood, and a few other things.

The pennywort is always flowering and is in need of a trim I think....

Livestock is 4 baby american toads and 1 baby treefrog. They are temporary and will most likely be released this fall. All of them are smaller than a dime, they have settled in and are doing very well. I find them very comical, especially when I feed them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very cool, and nice layout... I didn't know pennywort and anubias could be grown non-immersed?

Is the moss a non-aquatic moss? Also, is there standing water for the amphibs, or do you just mist things down?

I have a bunch of pacific tree frog tadpoles that were given to me by a local nursery. No legs yet, but I'm going to have to come up with some terrarium space if I want to keep any of them...

Cliff

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Nice little tank, you have managed to make a small tank seem much bigger than it is and the layout is great. Good luck keeping the pennywort under control stuff. That grows so fast I eventually just gave it a pot of its own and now treat it like a houseplant. It does indeed seem to perpetually have flowers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very cool, and nice layout... I didn't know pennywort and anubias could be grown non-immersed?
Anubias actually grow much faster emersed.

The tank looks great, and i LOVE that frog. :) My only constructive criticism is that the stems of the pennywort (at least, I think thats pennywort) look really long. Have you considered replacing that with something with more compact growth? I realize that this is a 2.5 gallon tank, and what looks long in the tank is really quite short in actuality.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

Kay I have not touched this tank in two months. And I seriously mean that, the cover hasn't been taken off it in that time, no water or anything has been added. The little toads were all released last fall. The tank has been more or less empty since then. However spring is on its way! I will probably get around to working on this tank this weekend or the next. It needs some serious help! I'm not sure whats in there anymore... I do know one thing, it is extremely overgrown. The plants are going to escape soon. The clingwrap lid is bulging up. I've been looking at it for the last couple weeks......thinking maybe I should do something...... but yah, I haven't done anything.

I'm not sure if you can tell, but the hard scape is the same..... those two pieces of wood are hidden in there somewhere. Getting it back too looking nice is going to be a pain though. It quite difficult planting things in such a small tank.

I will probably get some more baby toads this spring as well, so I'm looking forward to that:D. I miss the little guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts