Hi 8) :

Please comment my aquascape! THKS!

Tank dimension: 90 x 45 x 60 cm
Light : 4x39w T5 HO Phillip 865*4
PH : 6.8-7.0
Nitrate : 0 - 3ppm
Phosphate: 0.2ppm

Flora :
1.Echinodorys sp. 2.Blyxa novoguineensis 3.Rptala sp. cf. macrandra 4.Myriophyllum ussuriense 5.Ludwigia sp(Cuba) 6.Rotala macrandra "Narrow-Leaf" 7.Microsorium pteropus "Windelov" 8.Rotala rotundifolia "Green" 9.Microsorium pteropus 10.Hemianthus micranthemoides 11.Vesicularia dubyana 12.Glossostigma elatinoides 13.Anubias barteri var. nana 14.Bacopa sp. 15.Bacopa sp 16.Rotala pusilla 17.Gyperus helferi 18.Echinodorus tenellus 19.Eleocharis acicularis var. longiseta 20.Isoetes japonica

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Horrible:)

Actually no, it is very attractive actually. I like the look very much. One thing about it that I would pick on are the few errant stems of plants of unusual plants, the Bacopa on the right especially stands out and there is one errant stem of something right in the middle front.

Another thing is hte stem plant in the back, slightly left of center. It has potential but curently I don't think it quite fits. If it were bushier and maybe a little tall but then it woyld destrat from the aquascape. Maybe something like Bylxa Japonica, if it gets big enough, or some other dense, grassy looking plant would be more suited.

Look at my aquascapes though and you will see my opinion is not the only one you want to listen to;)

Very beautiful tank though. Well done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Layout drawings

1.Echinodorys sp. 2.Blyxa novoguineensis 3.Rptala sp. cf. macrandra 4.Myriophyllum ussuriense 5.Ludwigia sp(Cuba) 6.Rotala macrandra "Narrow-Leaf" 7.Microsorium pteropus "Windelov" 8.Rotala rotundifolia "Green" 9.Microsorium pteropus 10.Hemianthus micranthemoides 11.Vesicularia dubyana 12.Glossostigma elatinoides 13.Anubias barteri var. nana 14.Bacopa sp. 15.Bacopa sp 16.Rotala pusilla 17.Gyperus helferi 18.Echinodorus tenellus 19.Eleocharis acicularis var. longiseta 20.Isoetes japonica

Attachments

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Welcome to APC shunjung! Now that most of us are awake, we can provide feedback.

This is a gorgeous aquascape. However, the problem I see with it is that it is too stratified into horizontal foreground, midground, and background lines. I believe I could draw straight lines from one side to the other to determine where the foreground ends (sand) and the midground begins (rocks, epiphytic plants).

I would try giving shape to this layout by pulling certain elements of the midground up toward the foreground and visa versa. Try letting plants cascade from the background to the midground to the foreground. Branches and rocks can also help pull the different sections of the tank together.

The area to the left of the driftwood looks flat. Try changing that by adding some more height with the use of bushy stem plants or moss covered branches and slope it downward toward the single branch (a very powerful focal point I might add).

I think this tank has a lot of potential. Keep us updated! 8)

Carlos

·
Registered
645 Posts
Also i think the Rotala narrow leaf could be a little more dense. But i do really like your scape and i am very inspired.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
I like the layout alot, the wood pretruding out makes a very nice touch.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I too am mesmerized by the wood. Its a nice touch and very unique to me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It looks like it about 125 gallons to me. it is weird to find it being only 54.something. Great use of space. The right corner is what threw me off. The plants look so far away next to the largness of the wood. I really like this scape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts