Aquatic Plant Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Your tank has really filled in since last pics. It's looking good. What is the green plant in either front corner (a sword? ) ?

-Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Your tank has really filled in since last pics. It's looking good. What is the green plant in either front corner (a sword? ) ?

-Dave
the right front corner is a ruffle sword and there is actualy two plants on the left front they were sold to me as dwarf sag that is as high as they get from what i have seen if you want one dave i would be more than willing to send you one of the sags since you sent me some flame moss which has exploded and is now in three of my four tanks

Your tank is looking very nice. It's filled in well and has a good mix of plants.
thank you very much for the compliment cs

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
the right front corner is a ruffle sword and there is actualy two plants on the left front they were sold to me as dwarf sag that is as high as they get from what i have seen if you want one dave i would be more than willing to send you one of the sags since you sent me some flame moss which has exploded and is now in three of my four tanks
I'm glad the Flame Moss has done well for you! :) I must be doing something wrong, because everyone I send moss to has it growing by the ton while mine has been slow (I'm sure it's ferts... ) ;)

Anyhow, hang on to the Dwarf Sag. I'm interested in trying some, but not until I get another tank or do a re-scape. Either of those could be a LONG while. I'm gonna have to actually thin some plants out soon just to make growing room.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Grim, photos look great!

(How long did it take you to upload your whole memory chip to photobucket and paste here? I am sure it takes longer depending on how many photos you have on the chip.)

Grim, if the signature/thread feature still works here on APC like it used to - I look forward to a bunch of threads on all your tanks soon. :smile:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
i am using diy co2 sugar/yeast mix and yes that is a common pleco when he gets bigger he will be moved to my 55 gallon then when he out grows that he will go to my buddies 150 gal and so on. and thank you for the compliments plant^nut

thank you for the compliments as well jim since my comp is fairly fast it only takes a min or two to load pics i think the longest it took was 3 and a half minutes at 1000 pics

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Your tank is looking good. Saw the blooms on your anubias. So neat! I like your skull so much better with the moss on it. Is your snake still in there?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Your tank is looking good. Saw the blooms on your anubias. So neat! I like your skull so much better with the moss on it. Is your snake still in there?
thank you tex gal for the compliment sadly the rope fish jumped ship and my wife found her in the bathroom coiled up on the floor she screamed rather loud i wont lie it was funny but i am currently looking for another one to see if it will live in skull as of now the current resident of the skull is the johanii i also lost the kenyi yesterday she had spooked herself one morning and slammed into the the glass she wasn't swimming to well i moved her to my ten gallon to see if she would recover and in about three days she stopped eating and then died i was even trying to get her to eat frozen food with a small eye dropper

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Boy what a time you have had. So sorry. :sorry: They become pets to us, especially when you have just a few very unique fish. Hope you are able to find what you want out there.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
since my comp is fairly fast it only takes a min or two to load pics i think the longest it took was 3 and a half minutes at 1000 pics
Okay. I guess I just have to give this a shot again and see how long it takes me.
I never used to think about it.
I just assumed that since maintaining my tanks takes most of my Saturday that taking more time on the computer would, well - take more time.

I'll give it a shot.

You know that means you will have to come over again so we can learn together all the cool settings on these cool digital cameras to take the best picture. :wink:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Some cameras don't need any adjusting to get a good picture. What camera are you using? To learn more about it you can google it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Tex gal i spent five hours in front of the fifty five tonight waiting for a special fish that you might like to come out and finally before i packed up the cam he came out even got a pic of the females nose waiting for a small guppy to swim by so even though this isn't in my 29 i still got a breading pair in my house lol up first will be the female

and now for the male

they are both peacock eels and as of right now they are 8 and a half inches long i have owned them for about nine months

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
What neat fish!! That yellow stripe is so cool. I'm not sure I could stick my hand in the tank with two 8" eels!

Do you breed them? I'd love to hear about that! SO COOL!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice shots grim. I have the g9 and love it as well. For better shots if you stick it in auto mode and turn on flourecent or fish tank mode and then play with the ap and focal lengths you can snap some amazing shots.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
First i would like to apologize for the quality of the pictures. I would also like to say sorry for how long it has been since i posted on the site. I was in a car accident and unable to do much of anything so my tanks suffered significantly but i am back and my tanks are recovering.

and a close up of some of the algae i am dealing with.

Davemonky this is your flame moss its the only thing that wasn't affected by my accident and i trimmed a good size handful of it.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts