Aquatic Plant Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Welcome back Grim! The moss looks THICK, but it looks like I may have mixed some Taiwan moss into it and that has taken over. I don't see much actual Flame Moss anymore. Heck, I'd send you some more but I've stopped keeping mosses anymore.

So, are you fully recovered yet? Or are you just back to where you can get around?

-Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I'm currently stuck in a wheel chair but that hasn't slowed me down much. Still going out and fishing. The docs say my left leg has around three more months before i can start putting my weight on it and my right leg is almost ready to come out of the cast. We are still debating if the car fared worse than me or not but its close.

July 4th weekend

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Glad you are healing. Your tank will give you something to do so you don't get bored! :rolleyes: Everytime you feel like you are too sick you can look at your algae and realize you are not that bad! LOL

Actually I'm sure you'll get you tank back in shape in no time! Best wishes!

BTW- that's some fish!! Did you eat him or throw him back?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
:jaw: DUDE!! You're lucky to have survived that! I'm glad you made it through with just your legs getting smashed up. It's good to hear you are healing well.

-Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
When i woke in the hospy my best friend looked at me and all he said was "fun times huh" all i could do was laugh at him. I don't remember the actual accident but my buddy walked me through it. All i know is when i got out the hospy and saw that car behind the shop i was impressed i was alive. The roll cage failed terribly which upsets me since i had actually pulled the one i made out and put a roll cage the track officials said i needed in the car. I think had mine been in there i don't think it would have been as bad as it was.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
That's INCREDIBLE!! You must have quite a purpose to fulfill on this earth! There's no question that you fared better than the car!!

NOTE TO SELF: No more race car driving!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow man. Glad to hear that you made it out of that crash and alive and without more serious injuries.

And that's a nice smallmouth.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Grim, you are the best. Thanks for getting the old guy out of the house and into the real world of 'fishing'. Had a great time.

Let me know how the tanks work out.

Tell John N. it is all thanks to him. Even the magazines have caught on to 'Endlers'.

Tell everyone on APC I said hi.

Rainer, I am going to buy you a 'Rescue Hero' and make you put it on the Dashboard of your car.

You are the best.

P.S. The tank by my computer looks great. Especially at 2:20 am. Man Endler's rock in planted tanks!

Tell Charlie El Excorcisto and Urkevitz I said hi.

Jimbo205

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The tank has been updated and rearranged. The anubis has been moved to the fifty five gallon and i sold my last cichlid. They were replaced with a ton of endlers thanks to jimbo205 my two blue gouramis from my fifty five some Pristella Tetra and a bunch of cherry shrimp also thanks to jimbo205. The cherries from jim are all clear but in time me and charlie both noticed that they changed color from clear to red. I think it was due to lack of light but hey I am not an expert. So i do not have a full tank shot since my water level is low and it is embarrassing. The reason the water is low is because the gouramis have breed and i didn't want to disturb his bubble nest but the few pics i did take i will post

Rubber lip pleco

One of many shrimp

The gouramis and his proud nest

When the fry hatch i will add water and then give a full tank shot

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
That's great that you're about to have babies! I can't wait to see them. :D

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Update please.

Sometime, I will need a cichlid to eat my 'culls'.

Of course I will another tank for that...

Maybe a Yellow Cichlid!

I look forward to the photos.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Bump! Does this tank get a redo like your 55 just did?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts