Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25 liters of eleocharis , hemiantus callitrichoides, eusteralis stellata and micranthemum ombrosum.
initialy, this tank is dedicated to the hemiantus callitrichoides and when i will spread out im going to take all the other plants out

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
light - 1*24w t5 6500k
co2 - welding reg. +needle valve+ home made defuser
fert - home made
substrate - 100% aquasoil amazonia
ph,kh,gh,no3 - unknown yet. but the plants and fish feels great till now and no algae but green spots on the front glass

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nice start.

What are your aquascaping plans with this little tank, besides letting the H. callitrichoides take over? Wood or rock?

Carlos

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mmmmmmm, i dont know - what do u suggest?
how fast do u think the h.c will spread all over the right area? - the eleochris seems to go over it soon...

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Cute little tank :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I haven't had the pleasure of growing Hemianthus callitrichoides, but I can say that this layout presently lacks focus. I don't feel that the driftwood is really adding anything to the overall presentation.

Either rocks or thin, branchy driftwood would be better. An HC-only layout is one which I would like to see.

You could probably keep one or two other plants, though, as accents. Perhaps a few pillows of Riccia or java moss could add interest in the future layout you are planning in this little tank.

Carlos

·
Registered
645 Posts
HC grew real slow for me. I would plant as densly as possible. It double mass every 1.5 months. As compared to Rotala Macranda in the same tank who double mass every week almost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts