Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set this tank up, let me know what you think,

Also A big QUESTION. I look at beutifull tanks that incorprate a lot of stem plants that are cut low. Every time I cut one of my stem plants the shoot where I cut it dies and it sends off side shoots. What Am I Doing Wrong????????

Some info

Lights 2X55 AH supply Brite kit (great company, I highly reccomed them)
Ferts not yet but the macros and micros in time.
Ehime canister, inline reactor (DIY) and now inline heater (as soon as I install it)
Pressurized co2 @ 22 PPM
Home made stand to fit a 4" TV and VCR plus power centre (this sits next to my bed) Under this in the stand sits the filter, reactor all my ferts, test kits and heater (soon).

what does this mean?
Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 256 KB
I have no pics attached yet :shock: , I will try to reply and add pics, I hate posting pics.

Sorry,
Whiskey

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lets try this

It did it again!!!!!!!!!!!! The pic is only 63.8KB and it is a JPEG!!!!!!!!

Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 256 KB

Stupid pics.

Whiskey

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The pic problem is because you have reached your limit in the past. The 256kb is that total you may have uploaded on the site, by clicking the attachment at the bottom of the post reply screen. To show us more pics now, you must link to them using the img HTML tags. Your links must be on the world wide web somewhere. You can upload pics from your computer directly to your personal album here at APC. Click the Alnum button at the top of the screen and go to the bottom of that page. You will see another "button" called "Your Personal Album" Click that to find your personal space. You can then upload directly from your computer and then link them to the topic of your choice. HTH:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hope This Helps:)

I think you are off to a good start but you will definately need more fast growing stem/floating plants to get this tank started off on the right foot. With high light and co2 you will quickly get algae unless you have a good plant mass and proprer levels of ferts. HTH:)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You will definitely need many, many more aquatic plants at this point. I would not worry so much about aquascaping as just getting a lot of plants into the tank such as Rotala rotundifolia, Limnophila sessiliflora, Cabomba caroliniana, Ludwigia repens, Bacopa monnieri, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, etc.

Try choosing a few fast growing plants from the Plant Finder, at least a dozen more bunches:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forum/plant_data/go.php

Carlos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts