Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is an awesome tank layout! Just curious, what is that reddish background plant? I'd like to get some of that for my tank.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Very nice, beautiful Rams :D

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Nice, pleasant growth. I think your tank's main problem is a lack of organization. The top left corner seems a little lost and should be strengthened -- perhaps by repeated trimmings and replantings of the Hygrophila difformis to make it bushier and cascade it toward the front/red plant groupings. The opposite corner could improve with a similar pruning across the top and replanting between rooted portions to make them bushier and more cohesive.

Allow the foreground grow out. I am not crazy about the red line of plants along the middle background of the tank and would try not to make it so centralized.

Hope this helps... you did ask for it. :)

Carlos

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After some changes here is how my tank looks like right now.
Any comments, suggestions are very welcome

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Don't know if it's the camera but honestly speaking, I like your old arrangement better. Compare to the new one the old one looks more organized. Perhaps a little too unrealistic, but nevertheless it looked more formal to me. Also, the old arrangement showed more color variation. The new one is more subtle in coloration. Overall, I still like this set up. The plants look healthy, the fish appear happy, and the aquascaping skills is always improving. It is hard to achieve all 3, but it isn't impossible. You are certainly on the right track :D Thanks for sharing such nice photos with us :eek:

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts