Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Very healthy looking.

What is the pink looking plant toward the back right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, I really like this tank. I only wish that is was a little brighter in order to see the sides and front more. From what I can see the only thing I would change is the sword to the left. I'm not certain that it blends in with the rest of the scape. But looks great and healthy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my 50 gallon tank

Thanks for your opinions.
The pinkish plant on the right is Rotala Rotundifolia.
Here are some of the tank details:

Setup date: February 2001
Dimensions: 120cmx51cmx37cm
Volume: 50 gallons
Ph=7.0
Temperature: 26º C +/-
Lighting: 2 T5 x 54w/965 from Osram.
2 T8 x 30w, 1 philips aquarelle + 1 sylvania gro-lux.
2 T8 x 14w, 1 sylvania "daylight" colour 154 + 1 sylvania gro-lux.
Equipment: eihem filter 2026, thermostat 200W, Duplaflex heating coils(150w), pressurized CO2 system with "powerhead" hagen 302 distribution, eihem bubble-counter and reactor.
Substrate: 50% fluorite and 50% plain gravel.
Fauna: Phenacogrammus interruptus, Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis, Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, Crossocheilus siamensis, Ottocinclus affinis, Pterophylum scalare.
Flora: Echinodorus Ozelot "green",Echinodorus barthii, Anubias barteri var.nana, Cryptocoryne wendtii ´Mi Oya´, Sagittaria subulata, Microsorum pteropus, Rotala rotundifolia.
Maintenance: 20% of water changed weekly with TMG liquid fertilizer addition.

thanks,
ramirezi

·
Registered
243 Posts
Love it. Great tank, like the photo, too. If you get a chance, post some others with different exposure so we can see more of it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This is a really beautiful tank that is photographed really well. The street of Anubias in the midground and the way the light catches the highest most fronds of Java fern makes for a very nice effect. However, I don't feel the random stand of Rotala rotundifolia is positioned properly and seems to be detracting from the overall impression. I would remove it.

This tank would be a great home for a fish! It looks much larger than a 50g.

Carlos

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
red colour

Zapins write:
how did you get the rotalla rotundifolia so red? mine is slightly golden at the tips and green everywhere else and i got it in 4wpg. what gives?
Hi!
From what i´ve observed in my case, I think the use of the gro-lux lamps from Sylvania is helping very much. I say that because now I´m using bulbs with higher temperature colors and rotala rotundifolia now is more yellowish and greenish.
In other setups, for example, I only can pull out a incredible red from ludwigia glandulosa "perennis" using the gro-lux lamps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts