Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

tank specs:

Tank Jebo 98 98cm x 50cm x 40cm. 200 litres (50 US gallons)
Filter Eheim Professional II
Lighting 3 Arcadia Plant Pro T5 tubes with reflectors
Heating Jebo 200W Heater
CO2 Sera CO2 fertilization system
Substrate Flourite on top of peat plates with laterite and volcanic rock dust
Dosing Hydroponic plant food

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Your tank looks so nice! Have you thought about pinching back your lilly so that it will be a little lower in the tank? If you pinch it back it will grow low for a while.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@tex gal - thanks! i have just started doing that :) it had started shooting leaves all the way to the surface, i have cut off 3 so far, dont want to take off too many, coz it is shading the parviflorus underneath it... i am waiting for the hydrocotyle to fill out the back left and want some hc upfront...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Very nice tank. I love the color transition from red to green. Nice discus BTW. Kinda of funny my wife is from J-berg and she's keeping a very similar tank and wants to get discuss soon.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
It's really fun to see the evolution of a tank. You really had it looking nice for quite some time. I'm sorry to hear you had to retire it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That was a nice looking tank! Did pinching back the tiger lillies actually cause the new growth to stay low? I know someone who just got some and even more recently realized that they can grow amazingly long, like it or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts