Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I set my 55 back into "plant mode" I just covered the large stones I had as a substrate with sand... BIG MISTAKE. I was farming cyanobacteria like no one's business and needed to break the tank down completely to eliminate all traces of it in the substrate. So, out it came, along with all my infected fissidens (to my customers, the tank cultivated was from another tank). I scrubbed off the leaves of what remained and set back up, going dutch this time. The hardscape is all local shale from the West Canada Creek. It's about half planted I think, I need some groundcover, a couple more midgrounds and two more tall stems. The species contained are:

Background
Echinodorus Barthii
Hygrophilia Difformis
Local red/green curly leafed stem (ID Pending)

Midground
Local green-leafed stem plant (ID Pending)
Lilaeopsis "Mauritius"
Local red/green leafed stem plant (ID Pending)
Eriocaulon Sp. "Goey Pond" (ID Pending)
Cryptocoryne Lutea

Foreground
Eleocharis Sp. "Dwarf Goey Pond" (ID Pending)

I woudl really like some glosso to o the foreground carpet with. I'm thinking some hygrophilia polysperma "rosenverig" for the far-right background. I'm want some blyxa japonica for the space between the erios and the crypt, some dwarf lobelia for the space between the lilaeopsis and the erios.

The livestock is primarily guppies right now with a few platy and molly fry I picked up at the local Petsmart. I want to drop some cherry shrimp in as well. Are the shrimp at risk with livebearers as the only other occupant?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some swapping around and some local shopping and collecting. There is one little bald spot left to fill with something short like glosso or e. tenellus. Here's what I have so far:

Species:

Background
Valisnera Americana (Collected from Canadarago Lake in Richfield Spring, NY)
Echinodorus Barthii
Hygrophillia Difformis
Ludwigia Palustris v. "Curly"
Zosterella Dubia

Midground
Cryptocoryne Wendtii v. "Bronze"
Microsorum Pteropus
Lilaeopsis "Mauritius"
Ludwigia Palustris v. "Green"
Eriocaulon v. "Goey Pond" (ID Pending)
Ludwigia Palustris
Cryptocoryne Lutea