Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rescaped the tank. So what do you all think ?

Some parameter:
Size: 60x30x36cm
Lighting: 2x55W PL, 12hours/day
Substrate: Silica gravel & sand - never vacuum
CO2: pressured, 1.5BPS 24/7 ; PH 7.0
Filtration: Canister - Atman 3338
Water Change: 1x2 months - 50% ; daily top up 5-10%
Temperature: 25C - using fan
Substrate Fertilizer: various stick (jobe's & chinese made)
Column Fertilizer: Azoo chelated iron & LushGroAqua ; KNO3+K2SO4

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hi BudiPT :)

Everything looks like it has just been planted. I would let the layout continue to grow out before making any more changes at this point. However, I feel that the sword plant on the far left of this little tank should be removed as it will grow far too large for this aquascape and perhaps shadow the stem plants beside it.

Carlos

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Trenac & Carlos. Actually I took the pic right after rescaping a 5 months old tank. Most of the plants have been there for quite sometime, except for the purple plant (limnophila hippuroides ?). The crypt was added about 1 month ago and it maintains its color under this high amount of light.

This is how it looked before:

The tall sword plant has somehow stays at its current max height as its leaf tip dried out above the water. I do regular pruning of the leaves though to keep its width :D . The stem plant also has been sprouting side shoots and requires weekly pruning and replanting. As for the glosso, it grows very quickly, but not yet fully blanket the right front area where the Lilaeopsis used to be.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Tremendous improvement, BudiPT. :D

What is the name of that pretty reddish Cryptocoryne on the far right?

Perhaps as a future decision, you will decide to switch out the Limnophila sessiliflora for something that grows more densely.

Carlos

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tsunami said:
Tremendous improvement, BudiPT. :D

What is the name of that pretty reddish Cryptocoryne on the far right?

Perhaps as a future decision, you will decide to switch out the Limnophila sessiliflora for something that grows more densely.

Carlos
Would you say densely as like micranthemum micranthemoides or more heavy crypts bunches ?

I'm not sure about that reddish cryptocoryne, might it be c.wendtii brown ? here is the close up.

--budi--

1 - 8 of 8 Posts