Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the pics of my tank.. it was different before.. kinda got tired of it so i replaced the whole substrate and re did the tank, would like to know how i can make it look better, and know that you guys have a lot more experience and good advice than i do :)

i have some plants floating around... i dont know where to put them so theyre just floating around.. :) and the pics arent the best i took them with my phone... :) also theres some space between the stargrass in the back next to that other plant, im cureently waiting for the green rotala to grow in :)

and i know theres a bunch of empty space, still need a foreground plant but not sure if i should go with glossostigma or something else, theres this once plant i really like but i forgot what the name was, let me know what you guys think, thanks all!

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
My technique for aquascaping includes buying new plants that are appealing and whether i have space for it or not I fill in every open nook and cranny i can. After doing that for a while I come up with a great color contrast and a jam packed beautiful tank. If you cant find plants switch to rocks or wood.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You could try a tall grass to cover up the background and a ground cover like glosso or hc to cover the substrate. It would help if you gave the tank specs as to help you find plants in your range. Try looking through the aquascapes forum to get an idea of layouts and plants that you like and dont be afraid to ask questions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like how the wood and the plants are arranged on the left side. I would change the rocks in open area. They look too symetric to me. Maybe try the one towards the middle back a bit. I also think the plant in the middle in the back needs to be moved just over to the left as well. Where it is now breaks up the line that is formed by the plants in the middle. That line looks like it otherwise flows very nicely into the dw in the open space. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking good, no I wouldn't fill in the everything along the backside. Maybe just a little on the far right to tie everything in with foreground plants in between. Open space is very important.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay specs..

60 gallon, 240 cf lights, pressurized c02, dose ferts as recommected (i dose seachem iron, ferts, potassium, trace, and some kent pro plant extra), the substrate im using is ADA aquasoil, water is pretty soft 6.5-7 range

also i think i have this plant looks exactly like it (Pink Ammannia) once I put it in my tank the new leaves looks deformed, but i spoke to the dude who sold it to me and he said that usually happens in new water and will grow normal again after a while? is this true? thanks all :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts