Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, many of you may know that I got my 22g/85L on Christmas day...

Well now, I have finally decided what I want and lots of ideas are developing in my mind <grins>

ATM, I have the following in the tank:

6 Rummynose Tetras
2 Glowlights

I plan to have when the stock is fully added:

8x Rummynose Tetras
8x Glowlights
3x Apistogramma Cacatuoides (1x male & 2x females)

So, because I have Amazon distributed fish - I may aswel go for a biotype, eh? <laughs>

My pH is at 6.8 today, so it is slowly lowering to a more appreciated level (I usually have a stable 7 for pH) and because of the array of sticks, driftwood and leaf litter, the tanks water is a beautiful rich tea-like colour..

I have a fine gravel substrate, a very low-light (Not even 1 watt per gallon)

The Tetras seem much more outgoing since I have added the wood and leaves - exploring and swimming through the root-like knooks and crannies and shimmying themselves in the plentiful heap of leaves!

Piccies added next post with more information and ideas forming!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Good to hear, Demi. Would love to see some pictures soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For leaf litter, I just got some dead leaves from outside and put them in a bowl of boiling water - I love them and so do the fish, its so cute how the Tetras 'rest' on them and 'burrow' under them at night!

The wood is just some roots and branches I found outside,

I know I said I would get a piccie, but the lights are already off, so I'll get one tomorrow..

For now, here is my plan so far:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got 5 more Glowlights! :D

Here are some piccies of the tank so far..

What do you peoples think so far? Anythiung I should change?

I plan on growing the Dwarf Grass on 3/4ths of the bottom and a couple of swords and melons..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a new filter - it does 600L/P/H..

I also got a new light! Here are the details:

18watts
10,000K spectrum
T8

It is specifcally for the plants, the lady said and its a pretty purpley-colour :blah: I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE IT! It really brings out the colours on teh fish and hardscape!

Also bought a pot of Dwarf Hair Grass - Will it survive for a few days in my tank with 18watts/10,000k of lighting, no Co2 or ferts? Have to get a better hood so I can have 2 bulbs and I need to make a DIY Co2 and buy ferts next week..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the leaves WILL rot, but it takes awhile and when they do, I'll just take them out and put in some new ones :)

Yesterday I got 4 Neons - well... er.. Let me REPHRASE that! My MUM bought me 4 Neon Tetras "You have heaps of tetras in your tank and they all school together right?" Was her report LOL

I ain't grumpy - really nice of mummy actually :hug: - my plans change again, but they are really pretty and I really like them :)))))))))))

·
Registered
314 Posts
Tetras are pretty nice but they are pretty lose schoolers. If you want them to form a nice tight school throw in a few territorial fish. Therefore you will have a nice school and predators will not continue to chase your tetras throughout the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts