Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as some know I have been slowly tackling various projects on my 135 now that it is set up so I thought I would post my C02 setup..

I know we all have different ideas and theories on how things work but this works for me and I did not break the bank building it...

Here goes from start to finish looking at the tank from left to right.
I have both my Canister filter and C02 suction hoses on that side of the tank. as seen by the first picture.

Water is pulled down to my Eheim 1253 pump that then pushes it through my home built reactor (with Bio Balls)

I have it inclined simply because it allows the gas to flow better this way, other wise it had a dead collection zone.

The water continues on to the discharge pipe what I did here was use gray PVC 3/4" dia it is shaped in a j with a cap on the end that I simply drilled a series of holes in to help break up the bubbles.

As you can see my plants are going to grow in and help hide the PVC. I have placed a couple small rocks in front to hide the white cap. It has enough current to make the water roll at the surface.

With the Canister discharge it is pushing water directly through the C02 discharge to help it circulate throughout the entire tank. (My drop checker is placed near my suction side)

When viewing the tank from in front or the sides you really do not see the discharge behind the rocks.

Cont to part two.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok part two;

As you can see the underside is a little cluttered because I still moving stuff around and have not finalized everything’s location yet

As you can see from a frontal view you can see the discharge pipes and a little of the suction side.

Also I had to vacuum a little last night and today is water change so I'll top her off shortly.

Hope you enjoy.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
so what is making the co2?? besides that question, uve cleared up everything else, thanks alot!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts