Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well almost cube - 50*50*60cm
1*150w 5200k
2*24w t5 6500k
my personal blend of ferts

the gentle giant l260

i intend to dump all the backgroung plants and replace them with r. sp. green (i have only a few stems for now and spread a few red poligonum inside the green - what do u think?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks good! I would let the background plants hit the top of the water column and creep along the surface toward the front a little bit, forming a little bit of an overhang or canopy.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
turtlehead said:
it grows fast, probably took him 3 weeks.
I see, how big is that tank? I think the pleco will eventually out grow it so hopefully you'll have a bigger tank for it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Nice wild growth. Are you using a light system similar to Amano's? Can you tell me what the blue tetras are(any chane they're Ulreys)? And in the third picture, what is the whitest fish farthest to the left?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1.as fishfry said, im from israel and im going to use skylsdale idea but waiting for the rotala sp. green to take over.
i got the nirita sp. or whatever its name (they called it in the lfs tiger snail) from a local shop that imported it from singapore a few years ago. i think now its illigal to import them like dart frogs and other amphibians.
if someone can help me with tips how to breed them i can send u the babies.

2. its a 150L or about 40G. the pleco is hypancistrus sp. queen arabesque L260 and its maximum size.

3. the glosso overtake the front in about a month or so - i didnt have the time to trim it and now its about 2.5" tall
4. raul the 150w hqi is arcadia fixture with a regular 5200k bulb i got from electric shop. the T5 are sylvania 860*24w*2 i got from electric shop also - total of 198w.
the blue tetras are neon is parachirodon simulans (green or blue neon) - beautiful small fish, his blue is much brighter then the blue on the inessi or the cardinal tetra. the last fish is Hemiodus gracillis. other fish are nanostomus beckfordi,red phantom tetras and otocinclus affinis

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Those snails are the monster alage eaters of all time! Amano uses them somewhat covertly to control algae on rocks/wood. They devour BBA and BBE all day.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, what do u think about apple snails? do they eat algae as much as the niritina? i noticed that they would not eat healthy plant leaves .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts