Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the first decent shot I have gotten of a fish. It is Julidochromis Regani (convict julie) from my girlfriends cichlid tank. I have made it quite a bit smaller so that the filesize isnt so large. Any comments/suggestions for improvement? This seems about as close as I can get before it gets blurry and wont refocus.

Attachments

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct...no flash and just overhead flourescent. I do not have a removable flash for my camera, and when I use the flash I usually get a reflection. I took this pic with the "action" setting enabled to get a clear shot. What do you mean by "depth of field?" Should I turn off the overhead light and use my camera's built in flash and an fstop of maybe 22?

Thanks for the input!

· Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! Thanks for the explanation. I dont think I will be able to get an external flash for this camera anytime soon, so I will experiment with the information I have recieved and try to get some more good shots. I will post up anything I think deserves it :lol:

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.