Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my first planted tank about 2 months in.
Controsoil substrate capped with white gravle. Planted + 24/7 light. Co2. Currently stocked with 9 ember tetra, 6 emerald rasbora, 6 cpd, 2 cory cats, two ottos, idk how many neo shrimp. Two myster snails and 40 recently hatched mystery snails. Fx5 filter with sponge intake.

·
Banned
323 Posts
You need to get minimum 6 corydoryas of the same species and same with otos. Mixing Cory species won’t make a school

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great tank for starters! :D Is this the TopFin or Aqueon model? I envy you. My weight/space limitations limit me to two nano tanks for now. I would experiment with the center piece and move it a bit to the left, otherwise it distracts too much from the other hardscape and plants. Just my two.

·
Registered
48 Posts
"Starter" as in he just got started and went big! :D

Also, starter kits have nothing to do if you can keep fish alive or not. He obviously sprang for a better lighting feature, but the tank seems to be a standard TopFin, Aqueon, et al model. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just an fyi - with co2 those sword plants will get quite large - you might want to pull them and put in smaller swords. I really like prinz kleiner but even a red flame or Uruguayensis would be a bit more controlled in size. If you keep those swords you might want to give them a bit more room....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great tank for starters! :D Is this the TopFin or Aqueon model? I envy you. My weight/space limitations limit me to two nano tanks for now. I would experiment with the center piece and move it a bit to the left, otherwise it distracts too much from the other hardscape and plants. Just my two.
I don't really know what brand the tank is. I bought it for myself about 15 years ago. I use to keep and breed African cichlids in it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to get minimum 6 corydoryas of the same species and same with otos. Mixing Cory species won’t make a school
This I know. I had the one cory I inherited from my mother on law. I ordered more but only one survived. The two Cory's did spawn together, no survivers. The ottos I am definitely getting more of, I just need to figure out what to do with my wife's baby 🐌 first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts