Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW that's beautiful!! You have to have been doing this quite a while!

What's the plant weepign over the log in the middle? What are the reds in the back from left to right?
Thank you.
I am in the hobby for 20 years now.
This tank is relatively new, setup in Dec. 2007.
The weeping plant is Hemianthus callitrichoides and it is actually tied to a quartz rock.
The reds from left to right (I'll try my best ;)):
Rotala sp. Vietnam
Rotala Macrandra (front low)
Limnophila Aromatica
Rotala Macrandra green
Cabomba Furcata

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GmoAndres, Thank you.

how many cardinal tetras are in the tank? Can you give us the specs of your tank? Your discus are living the high life!
For the cardinal tetras, there are probably around 200 of them.

The specs of my Tank:
Rena 1.5 meter - 450 liter
light 1.25 WPL (T5)
Teco TR-15 Chiller
CO2 + PH controller + 2 outside reactors
2 X Eheim pro 3 2028
36W UV
Automatic water change (100% RO) 100% a week.
Under substrate Heating cable - Rena 15m 100W
Substrate - 1st layer Pumice 2cm, 2nd layer Pumice+peat+humus 3cm, 3rd layer JBL Aquabasis 2cm, 4th layer crushed quartz 5cm.
Water Param.: PH 5.9, KH 1.5, CO2 40ppm, NO3 15, PO4 1.5, TDS 275ms, GH 2, Temp 25.5c
Automatic DIY fertilization with peristaltic pumps - KNO3, KH2PO4, KCL, MgSO4, Iron gluconate, Iron EDTA, CSM+B, Flourish Excel (PPS Pro alike).

Did I forgot something???

For the discus, as a former discus breeder, I know thay will do better in warmer and darker waters. Somehow they adopt to this harsh environment and actually leying eggs all around.

Shay

·
Registered
135 Posts
Absolutly beautiful! Question...Do you add any type of minerals to your RO for your discus?

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's awesome and fascinating, even looking over and over again with jealous. Just amazing to admire at this big tank if I have a chance to own this size of tank. How great it is....but my wife will object the decision cause of the water and electricity bill. Hahaha, I love this tank, keep up your good work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
such a stunning tank!
more pics please :)

What is the size of this tank? How do you keep dosing ferts and maintaining?
The specs of my Tank:
Rena 1.5 meter - 450 liter
light 1.25 WPL (T5)
Teco TR-15 Chiller
CO2 + PH controller + 2 outside reactors
2 X Eheim pro 3 2028
36W UV
Automatic water change (100% RO) 100% a week.
Under substrate Heating cable - Rena 15m 100W
Substrate - 1st layer Pumice 2cm, 2nd layer Pumice+peat+humus 3cm, 3rd layer JBL Aquabasis 2cm, 4th layer crushed quartz 5cm.
Water Param.: PH 5.9, KH 1.5, CO2 40ppm, NO3 15, PO4 1.5, TDS 275ms, GH 2, Temp 25.5c
Automatic DIY fertilization with peristaltic pumps - KNO3, KH2PO4, KCL, MgSO4, Iron gluconate, Iron EDTA, CSM+B, Flourish Excel (PPS Pro alike).
Shay
If you have more specific questions, please let me know.
Shay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My big question is how do you keep the bottoms of the plants from dying off...? Do you slope the substrate an extreme amount?
rountreesj, sorry, I didn't understand the question, what do you mean "keep the bottoms of the plants from dying off"? Why should they die?
And for the slope, in the beginning there was, now it's gone. (hope I understand the last one).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts