Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with jatcar95. I would defnitely keep the limnophilla until they grow emerged, prune, replant etc. I have had the exact same plant in a similar bowl (around 4L) and it did great.

I really like your plant combination, you have fast and slow growing plants, with a variety in shape, size and color (shade of green)! I expect your bowl to look fantastic in a few weeks!

If you take care during water changes not to "annoy the sand" the substrate will soon settle and stop staining your water. For such a small volume you can use those single-use plastic water cups that are bad for the envoironment. I keep two for this reason, one in which I opened many small holes to the sides (keeping the bottom intact) and the second one totally intact. When adding water to the bowl, I hold the perforated one in the bowl, and I use the second cup to empty water in the first one. Ocassionally I used to siphon the water out in order to clear some dirt off the gravel, but I haven't done that in a long time now...

Enjoy and post some pics when the plants grow more!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks beautiful! You seem to be getting close to the point where you'll have a constant supply of limnophilla for your other tanks! As well as the other thin stem in front of the crypt (last photo), whose name I don't know.

Eventually the cryptocorynes will spread their roots in the substrate and start popping everywhere! I had the same happen in my bowl with saggitaria subulata, where I planted 6-7 parts and got 20-30 which were enough to plant my 60L cube!

Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts