Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from all the tiny little air bubbles floating around my tank. Where are all these bubbles coming from——surface agitation? I'm running a H.O.T. Magnum Pro and the bubbles look like it's coming mostly from the Bio-Wheel and maybe a little from the outflow diffuser. How can I get rid of the bubbles or at least make it so that not so many come out. For the most part, the rest of my tank is pretty clear. It's the bubbles that make it look like there is dirty particles floating around my tank.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
There is air trapped inside or your HOT Magnum. There is a small clear pipe on the outside of the central pipe in your HOT Magnum. This is what allows any air trapped inside of your HOT to escape. Check and make sure this clear pipe is not clogged. You should have received a small piece of plastic (kind of like very thick fishing line) with your Magnum to clean out this pipe. Also check to make sure the HOT is close to level with the tank.

When I use my HOT if it is tilted a bit one way or the other, the bubbles do not stop. There is a small U-shaped device at the bottom of the canister that you pull out or push in to level your Magnum. Once you get it level, the bubbles should stop. It may take 15 minutes or so to stop, but it should stop.

Once you get it level the bubbles will stop from the outflow diffusor. You will always get some bubbles from the bio-wheel. The only way to stop the bubbles from the Bio-wheel is to disconnect it and only use the HOT Magnum itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts